Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Naturally Ella's recipe: Quinoa Cabbage and Garbanzos.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- In a large saucepan cook the quinoa according to the directions.
- As the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a wok. Cook the sweet potato until it starts to brown - about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until just beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook until soft - 6 minutes or so (adding more oil if necessary). In the last 30 seconds of cook time add the garlic and stir fry.
- Stir in the quinoa and drained beans. Heat through.
- Serve immediately!