Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups artichoke hearts, drained
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add diced onion, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add remaining oil, quinoa and bulgur wheat, and continue cooking and stirring for about 2 minutes, or until grains turn slightly golden.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add vegetable broth, cover skillet, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and beans, re-cover skillet, and continue cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, and stir in artichoke hearts and seasonings. Serve hot.