1/1 Photo of Quinoa Brown Bread
A new twist on the classic Irish brown soda bread. Quinoa adds a fantastic nuttiness and texture to this easy-to-make, dense bread! Spread with butter and top with honey or blackcurrant jam for a tasty and healthy treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a standard loaf pan.
- 3Place oats in a food processor and blend to about the same size as the quinoa seeds (not necessary, but I think it makes for a better texture).
- 4Combine all ingredients except the buttermilk in a large bowl, making sure to break up any clumps of quinoa with your fingers.
- 5Add half the buttermilk to the dry ingredients, then slowly add the rest until a sticky but firm dough is formed (you may not need to use all of the buttermilk).
- 6Place the dough in the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- 7Bake around 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top starts to get too dark, tent it with aluminum foil while it finishes baking.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 337.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g