Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this on another site and I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked )
- 2 tablespoons quinoa (cooked )
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped )
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Add all ingredients according to your baking machine manual. Process on bread cycle.
My bread machine is a Hitachi Home Bakery and this recipe works up WONDERFULLY in it. I always have quinoa on hand and was intrigued by a bread recipe. It raises way high in the bread pan and bakes up light and fluffy with amazing flavor. We like it for toast and sandwiches. Recently, the bread pan of our machine froze up. Assoon s a new one arrived from eBay, this was the first bread we made. The HHB calls for liquids in first, then dryingredients. The fun of leftover cooked quinoa is looking around on Food.com for another great recipe to use up the extra quinoa!
This bread falls into the not sweet, but not savory category. Instead of 1 cup quinoa, I used 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour; glad I did as the quinoa flavor was very strong. Enjoyed this bread warm with butter along side some summer minestrone. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap 8/09. P.S. I did take a photo and will post it when my computer comes back from the shop.