Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy and easy. Cut out the tortilla and save some calories.
Make and share this Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, divided (from 1-2 limes)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a mesh strainer or sieve, drain.
- Heat water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and return to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add balck beans, half of cilantro, chili powder, cayenne, and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Reduce heat to low.
- When the quinoa is fully cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in remaining cilantro and remaining lime juice. To assemble bowls, divide quinoa between three bowls. Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and salsa. Serve warm.