Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy and easy. Cut out the tortilla and save some calories.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, divided (from 1-2 limes)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a mesh strainer or sieve, drain.
- Heat water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and return to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add balck beans, half of cilantro, chili powder, cayenne, and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Reduce heat to low.
- When the quinoa is fully cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in remaining cilantro and remaining lime juice. To assemble bowls, divide quinoa between three bowls. Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and salsa. Serve warm.