Recipe by Canadian_in_the_Bay
Makes a great light meal on its own or you can pair it with meat.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
Really REALLY good stuff! I had to modify it slightly to fit what I had on hand (used a few drops of soy sauce with white vinegar to replace the lime juice), but it was so delicious anyway. Sent it to school with the kids for lunch, I'm hoping they love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare quinoa with water and let cool.
- Chop all the vegetables and toss with the quinoa and black beans.
- Place lime juice, lime rind, salt, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro in a bowl and whisk it until blended then pour it over the salad and toss.
- Serve cold.