Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Makes a great light meal on its own or you can pair it with meat.
Make and share this Quinoa Black Bean and Vegetable Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Prepare quinoa with water and let cool.
- Chop all the vegetables and toss with the quinoa and black beans.
- Place lime juice, lime rind, salt, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro in a bowl and whisk it until blended then pour it over the salad and toss.
- Serve cold.
Really REALLY good stuff! I had to modify it slightly to fit what I had on hand (used a few drops of soy sauce with white vinegar to replace the lime juice), but it was so delicious anyway. Sent it to school with the kids for lunch, I'm hoping they love it as much as I do!
This was a really refreshing and satisfying dish. I thought it tasted even better the second day when I packed it for lunch.
Family loved this healthy dish. I did not use the lime rind although I added additional freshly squeezed lemon too. I added a bit more garlic then called for and way less bell peppers, in fact just half a coloured pepper as I don't like them much especially green ones. In replacement of the cilantro I used parsly and I cooked my black beans from scratch. I put about a tsp brown sugar and a few shakes of balsamic vinegar into it all. I sliced baby carrots, which was better than full size grated I believe. It received a lot of raves, but my family tends to overdo that. If they were to rate it they would give it 5 stars. I am the one giving it 4 as I didn't think it was something so special that I would want to make it again.