This is so flavorful. Makes a perfect quick meal. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 1/2 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1Combine quinoa, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 12 minutes. Stir in corn and cook until quinoa is tender, about 2 minutes longer.
- 3Drain off any excess water and transfer quinoa mixture to large bowl and let cool.
- 4Spray small nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add to quinoa mixture.
- 5Add all remaining ingredients and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to quinoa mixture. Toss to mix well.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa, Black Bean, and Shrimp Salad (WW)
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 1094.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g