Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so flavorful. Makes a perfect quick meal. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 1⁄2 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Combine quinoa, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 12 minutes. Stir in corn and cook until quinoa is tender, about 2 minutes longer.
- Drain off any excess water and transfer quinoa mixture to large bowl and let cool.
- Spray small nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add to quinoa mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to quinoa mixture. Toss to mix well.