Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and highly nutritious. I adapted this recipe from the "The Conscious Cook"
- 1 cup spinach
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (homemade if possible)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet potato (sometimes called yam)
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan on high heat cook quinoa, chicken broth, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Stir it once or twice. Then when the liquid has nearly boiled out cover and reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 8 minutes more.
- Meanwhile dice a yam and place in a cake pan, cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until yam is soft.
- Cut 1/2 an Avocado into chunks.
- Make dressing by whisking olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar.
- On a plate place a large handful of baby spinach leaves. Spoon the quinoa on it. Then toss the cooked yams on top. Then toss the avocado chunks on top. If the dressing has separated whisk it for a few seconds before drizzling it on top. Serve immediately.