Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wheat-free, gluten-free (extreme) modification of a recipe from Dr. Peter D'Adamo's Blood-Type Diet Plan. For Type O's. Also easy-to-chew for those with dental problems. For the applesauce, I use Santa Cruz Apple Apricot Sauce.
- 1 3⁄4 cups quinoa flour
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts (hazelnut flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup applesauce (organic apple apricot sauce)
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle hazelnut flour over the apricots and set aside.
- Blend the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves and cinnamon with the quinoa flour.
- Separately mix together butter, sugar and egg.
- Combine all ingredients, adding the floured fruit at the end.
- Spoon into an oiled muffin tin and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly spongy to the touch.
As a new celiac I look forward to trying out wheat free muffins.