1/1 Photo of Quinoa and Vegetable Tabouli Salad
As I venture more into vegan eating, I'm starting to use more quinoa and love the uniqueness of it! Here is a pretty and delicious salad, I hope you enjoy it. Adapted from The Vegan Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 tea bag mint tea
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, deseeded, and diced
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup radish, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring the water and tea bag to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain off any of the remaining water from the quinoa and discard the tea bag. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian herb blend, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper.
- 3Pour the dressing over the cooled quinoa and toss gently to combine.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- 5Cover and chill for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Vegetable Tabouli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (2234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 398.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning