Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so yummy! Serve them with your favorite sauce/dip (fruit chutney, tartar sauce, ketchup, etc).
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, rehydrated in
- vegetarian beef broth
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked in water for a day (raw)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, thick
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh parsley, to taste
- green onion, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil (for deep frying)
- In a food processor, purée the onion, garlic cloves, parsley, green onions, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix together the TVP, quinoa, mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast and puréed seasonings and spices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and drop the mixture in by heaping tablespoonfuls (formed into small blobs).
- Drain on paper towels and serve.