Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from April 2011 Bon Appetit; wonderful use of spring veggies!
Make and share this Quinoa and Spring Vegetable Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml quinoa, well rinsed
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 473.18 ml frozen baby peas, thawed, divided
- 73.94 ml chopped fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 large leek, halved, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 177.44 ml sliced shallot
- 226.79 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (14 oz. or so)
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil in small saucepan.
- Add quinoa and 1 teaspoon salt; return to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Puree broth, 1 cup peas, 4 tablespoons mint, and garlic in blender until smooth.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leek and shallots; sauté until soft and light brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, then asparagus; sauté until mushrooms are tender and asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in puree and 1 cup peas; stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add quinoa; stir to coat.
- Divide pilaf among bowls; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon mint and serve.