Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman. So easy, so good, so healthy and remarkably filling.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked quinoa
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- poppy seed
- Cook quinoa according to directions, let cool.
- Chop the spinach.
- Peel the lemon and chop the lemon into small pieces.
- Mix spinach with quinoa and lemon pieces.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
- Add vinaigrette and poppy seeds to spinach, quinoa and lemon pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Nice combination of ingredients, but this was way too much lemon for our tastes, and we like tart foods. If I make again, I will not have the sliced lemon and probably reduce the lemon juice to 1/4-1/3 cup, and maybe add something sweet to tone down the sourness a bit. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.