Recipe by AllergyGirl
From "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman. So easy, so good, so healthy and remarkably filling.
Top Review by noway
Nice combination of ingredients, but this was way too much lemon for our tastes, and we like tart foods. If I make again, I will not have the sliced lemon and probably reduce the lemon juice to 1/4-1/3 cup, and maybe add something sweet to tone down the sourness a bit. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked quinoa
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook quinoa according to directions, let cool.
- Chop the spinach.
- Peel the lemon and chop the lemon into small pieces.
- Mix spinach with quinoa and lemon pieces.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
- Add vinaigrette and poppy seeds to spinach, quinoa and lemon pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.