This is an easy to prepare meal that blends the flavors of fall while incorporating whole grains and greens. You can spice it up by changing the sausage to a more spicy variety. The original recipe comes from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa or 1 lb other smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup apple hard alcoholic cider (may use pear cider or regular non-alcoholic cider)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups kale or 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1In a large pot, cook sausage, onions and sage over medium-high heat until just browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add cider, quinoa, cranberries, thyme, salt and 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- 3Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is just absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4Stir in kale, cover again and set aside off of the heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Sausage One-Pot Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 1943.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hard alcoholic cider