1/2 Photos of Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables
Quinoa is a grain that is lighter than rice or couscous but has more protein than other grains. The recipe will serve more than 4 if you use it as a side dish rather than a main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh savory or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, with skin
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil; spray foil with oil.
- 3Spread squash, tomatoes and onion on foil. Drizzle vegetables with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, savory and pepper.
- 4Place garlic cloves to one side of foil-lined pan.
- 5Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove garlic from pan. Set aside to cool.
- 7Bake remaining vegetables for 15 to 20 min more or until tender.
- 8Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse guinoa. Drain.
- 9In saucepan combine broth and water. Bring to boil.
- 10Stir in quinoa. Return to boil.
- 11Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 mins or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 12Squeeze softened garlic from each clove. Discard skin. Stir in garlic into quinoa.
- 13Add roasted vegetables to quinoa mixture. Toss gently to combine.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: