Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quinoa the superfood! Great mix of flavors. Can add parmesan cheese before baking if you would like
- 4 red peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced large
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500 g mushrooms, diced
- 2⁄3 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1⁄16 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cut peppers either in half or a hole in the top. Remove all seeds.
- 3. Bake peppers while preparing mix.
- 4. Heat olive oil. Saute onions, garlic, mushrooms until tender.
- 5. Mix in quinoa, water, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until water is dissolved and quinoa is tender.
- 6. Spoon mixture into peppers and bake another 15-20 minutes.