Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty Vegetarian Main Dish Great for a Church Potluck! You can use any kind of cheese to top this casserole. Our favorite is Jalepeno Jack Cheese.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml quinoa
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 118.29 ml green onion
- 14.79 ml fresh basil
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro
- 29.58-44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese
- In a 4 to 5 quart pan toast quinoa in 2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring occationally until Quinoa is tender about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped green onions, chopped basil and chopped cilantro.
- Season with vinegar and salt.
- Cover and let stand.
- Drain chilis.
- Arrange half the chilies in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover with the Quinoa mixture and level.
- Add remaining chilies and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes till cheese is melted.
This was a tasty way to eat quinoa. We really liked the fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar in it. I used a vegan jack cheese and served it with a side veggie for a delicious vegan meal. Thanks for posting