Becky in Junction City, OR's Note:
Hearty Vegetarian Main Dish Great for a Church Potluck! You can use any kind of cheese to top this casserole. Our favorite is Jalepeno Jack Cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 to 5 quart pan toast quinoa in 2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and reduce heat.
- 4Simmer, stirring occationally until Quinoa is tender about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in chopped green onions, chopped basil and chopped cilantro.
- 6Season with vinegar and salt.
- 7Cover and let stand.
- 8Drain chilis.
- 9Arrange half the chilies in a 2 quart casserole.
- 10Cover with the Quinoa mixture and level.
- 11Add remaining chilies and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 12Bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes till cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Green Chile Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 759.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: