Recipe by katie in the UP
In search of ways to eat healthier, I came across this recipe in Everyday Food Jan/Feb edition. This recipe provides a complete protein meal, but knowing my DH meat will have to be served with it!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup salted water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer to a med bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- To quinoa, add vinegar, oil, cucumber, scallions and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper, toss to combine.
- This can be served both room temp or chilled.