Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
All the goodness and protein of a grain and a pulse combined, with a lovely tomato taste and rich texture.
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 liter stock
- 0.11 lb quinoa, rinsed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock and quinoa and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add parsley, coriander and lemon juice and blend with a hand blender.
- Add the chick peas, serve when they are warmed through.
Great soup! I think I used about 1/3 cup of quinoa, by the way. Just two notes: it's a good idea to rinse quinoa before you cook it, because it has a bitter-tasting powder on it before it's rinsed; and I used about 1 cup of chopped onion (there is no onion in the ingredient list, but it's mentioned in the instructions). Thanks for sharing!
this soup is absoloutely delicious! i didn't have any fresh tomatoes or parsley, so i used a tin of diced tomatoes and a teaspoon of chopped mint, and swapped the regular paprika for smoked paprika and added a chooped onion. this one is definately going in my cookbook. thanks posting!