Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
All the goodness and protein of a grain and a pulse combined, with a lovely tomato taste and rich texture.
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 liter stock
- 50 g quinoa, rinsed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock and quinoa and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add parsley, coriander and lemon juice and blend with a hand blender.
- Add the chick peas, serve when they are warmed through.