Recipe by nodylnail
A simple cold salad that is nice for the summertime! I found the basis for this recipe in a magazine (I clipped it awhile ago, but I don't remember which one), but I wasn't a fan of some of the ingredients listed. So I made up my own version with these ingredients that I had at my home. I think you can alter it any way you'd like. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) container grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa to the broth and cook until all broth is absorbed. Set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, minced red pepper and minced onion in large bowl. Add quinoa and stir until combined.
- In a separate container mix together soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing and chopped basil to the quinoa and vegetables and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.