Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy (vegetarian) adaptation of Meximelt. YUM!
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 bell peppers, halved (various colors)
- 1 cup quinoa (cook and use entire cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, Drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups salsa (use personal favorite)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute diced green pepper in olive oil until slightly tender.
- Add cooked Quinoa, corn, black beans and salsa.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 mintues, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Let melt and then remove from heat.
- Spray glass baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the 8 bell pepper halves in a glass baking dish. Fill each half with Quinoa mixture till slightly overfilled.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on each bell pepper half, slightly patting to secure cheese to food mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cheese will be melted and lightly browned, and bell peppers will be slightly softened when done.