1/1 Photo of Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
From the new magazine, Clean Eating. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Wash and rinse quinoa. In a saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- 3Combine cooled quinoa, beans, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl.
- 4Drizzle dressing over salad and toss in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g