Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the new magazine, Clean Eating. Yum!
Make and share this Quinoa and Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash and rinse quinoa. In a saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Combine cooled quinoa, beans, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
This is a great light salad recipe and very flexible with what you can put in. I use 3/4 cup quinoa (cooked with veg broth) as otherwise I think it needs more dressing. I also use 1 diced jalapeno instead of the pepper flakes (much better!) - you could use other kinds of pepper depending on the level of heat you want. I typically add some diced red bell pepper and corn and if it's going to be eaten within a day I add a diced avocado. Yummy and healthy!
Very easy to put together. Can't believe there's not meat in this dish! Followed the recipe and in addition added some yellow peppers.
A very tasty salad. I'm really glad that I chose this recipe for my first attempt at quinoa. Thank you for posting.