Annie H's Note:
This is from kraftfoods.com. I've adjusted it a little for my tastes. If you don't like scallions, a bit of onion power is a nice substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups corn, cooked (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water. Put quinoa in a pot with 2 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- 2While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Add beans, corn, bell pepper, scallions, garlic, cayenne and coriander to the quinoa. Toss well.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin and add oil in a stream while whisking. Drizzle over salad and toss well with salt and pepper. Salad may be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 5note: the olive oil can be halved easily.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 323.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g