Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A thick and hearty soup that you can whip up in a short time. Freezes well and tastes even better the next day.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, chopped
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 14 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces kidney beans
- 6 -8 cups vegetable broth, depending on how thick you like it
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and parsley, stirring often until the onion begins to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until quinoa and carrots are tender, about 20-30 minutes.