Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice, light meal great for summer evenings. I adapted this from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, RINSED WELL and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, divided
- 1⁄3 cup red onion
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Mix water and quinoa together in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, simmering for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Put quinoa in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, shred 1/2 cup spinach, finely chop the red onion and green onion. Seed and finely chop the tomatoes. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pesto and salt in a bowl. Slice the avocados.
- When the quinoa is done cooking mix the spinach, onions and tomatoes in with it. Then mix the lemon juice mixture inches.
- Divide remaining spinach onto each plate. Divide sliced avocado on top of the spinach. Top the avocado with the quinoa mixture. Top with crumbled feta.
- Enjoy :).