1/2 Photos of Quinoa and 3 Cheese Stuffed Bell or Poblano Peppers
Chef Jean's Note:
This can be done with any kind of pepper. I have used green bells and pablanos, both came out very good. Vegetable stock or wine can substitute the beef stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bell peppers or 4 poblano chiles
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Cook the onions in the vegetable oil over medium heat until caramelized. Add the stock and green chilis. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are very soft.
- 2In a bowl mix together the cheeses. Add the onion mixture and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the cheeses soften.
- 3Stir in the quinoa,oats, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 4Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Stuff the peppers with the mixture, mounding it slightly over the top of the pepper.
- 5Place in a baking dish that is deep enough to hold the peppers. Pablanos will have to lay on their side.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa and 3 Cheese Stuffed Bell or Poblano Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g