This can be done with any kind of pepper. I have used green bells and pablanos, both came out very good. Vegetable stock or wine can substitute the beef stock.
- 4 bell peppers or 4 poblano chiles
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook the onions in the vegetable oil over medium heat until caramelized. Add the stock and green chilis. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are very soft.
- In a bowl mix together the cheeses. Add the onion mixture and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the cheeses soften.
- Stir in the quinoa,oats, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Stuff the peppers with the mixture, mounding it slightly over the top of the pepper.
- Place in a baking dish that is deep enough to hold the peppers. Pablanos will have to lay on their side.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.