Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice slice for morning tea or to pack in your lunch-box. The quinoa adds fibre and protein to these squares. Makes 24 squares. Vary this slice by using sultanas or other dried fruits in place of the craisins. Recipe from a supermarket chain free booklet. Individual portions can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to a month. Make with gluten-free flour or regular wheat flour (if gf not diet required)
- Preheat oven to 180°C Lightly grease a slice tin (20cm x 30cm). Line the tin with baking paper and allow the paper to overhang on both the long sides of the tin (this will help you remove the slice later).
- Combine the quinoa flakes, almond meal, self-raising flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir ion the craisins and orange rind.
- In a separate bowl- combine the eggs. honey, oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour into prepared slice tin and smooth over the surface..
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the slice carefully from the tin- using the paper handles to help you. Cool the slice on a wire rack.
- Dust with pure icing sugar to serve. (for Australians- CSR icing sugar and icing sugar blend are both gluten-free).