A nice slice for morning tea or to pack in your lunch-box. The quinoa adds fibre and protein to these squares. Makes 24 squares. Vary this slice by using sultanas or other dried fruits in place of the craisins. Recipe from a supermarket chain free booklet. Individual portions can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to a month. Make with gluten-free flour or regular wheat flour (if gf not diet required)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Lightly grease a slice tin (20cm x 30cm). Line the tin with baking paper and allow the paper to overhang on both the long sides of the tin (this will help you remove the slice later).
- 2Combine the quinoa flakes, almond meal, self-raising flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- 3Stir ion the craisins and orange rind.
- 4In a separate bowl- combine the eggs. honey, oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- 5Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- 6Pour into prepared slice tin and smooth over the surface..
- 7Bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- 8Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 9Remove the slice carefully from the tin- using the paper handles to help you. Cool the slice on a wire rack.
- 10Dust with pure icing sugar to serve. (for Australians- CSR icing sugar and icing sugar blend are both gluten-free).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa, Almond and Craisin Squares (Gluten-Free or Not)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 9.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour