Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Caribbean Okra Stew
Make and share this Quingombos Guisados recipe from Food.com.
- Saute okra in the oil over med heat until it turns light brown. Turn several times. Remove okra with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Now to the oil add the garlic, onions and peppers. Cook over med low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in okra and the remaining ingredients. Cook for 15 more minutes. Okra should be tender. Add water if needed.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- From the Vegetarian Journal.
Quite a satisfying dish. I used fresh okra, yellow banana peppers and a scotch bonnet pepper. This is the best okra dish I've had in ages. Thanks!