Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My sister saw this on an Oprah show and everytime she makes them everyone drools! A different kind of rib as they are not saucy and sticky with BBQ sauce. Very yummy nonetheless and slightly different than other ribs by the same name.
- 5 lbs baby back ribs or 5 lbs pork ribs
- 2 green peppers, finely julienned
- 2 yellow peppers, finely julienned
- 2 red peppers, finely julienned
- 2 medium onions, finely julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced fine
- lawrey's seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Cut ribs into 2-4 rib sections. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper to taste and rub in well.
- Mix peppers, onion, garlic and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- Line (9x13 inch) baking pan with heavy foil (you may need 2 pans). Place layer of ribs then a layer of pepper mixture over ribs (about 1/2 mixture). Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate, covered, over night to marinate. Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat oven 450°.
- Place pan of ribs in oven, reduce heat to 300° and cook for 8 hours.
I first saw these on the Oprah show when she introduced them. They are so delicious! I have seen many variations of this recipe. I wrap my ribs individually with the rub and peppers. I unwrap after marinating time and cook in open pans. They still turn out fabulous! Next time I will try keeping them covered.
We really liked these ribs. I made a mistake by taking off the covering while it baked. The topping was black, but it was still delicious! Thanks for the recipe Crystal L