Recipe by CrystalRN
My sister saw this on an Oprah show and everytime she makes them everyone drools! A different kind of rib as they are not saucy and sticky with BBQ sauce. Very yummy nonetheless and slightly different than other ribs by the same name.
Top Review by MeganPierceRn
I first saw these on the Oprah show when she introduced them. They are so delicious! I have seen many variations of this recipe. I wrap my ribs individually with the rub and peppers. I unwrap after marinating time and cook in open pans. They still turn out fabulous! Next time I will try keeping them covered.
- 5 lbs baby back ribs or 5 lbs pork ribs
- 2 green peppers, finely julienned
- 2 yellow peppers, finely julienned
- 2 red peppers, finely julienned
- 2 medium onions, finely julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced fine
- lawrey's seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Cut ribs into 2-4 rib sections. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper to taste and rub in well.
- Mix peppers, onion, garlic and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- Line (9x13 inch) baking pan with heavy foil (you may need 2 pans). Place layer of ribs then a layer of pepper mixture over ribs (about 1/2 mixture). Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate, covered, over night to marinate. Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat oven 450°.
- Place pan of ribs in oven, reduce heat to 300° and cook for 8 hours.