Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Beauty with superb flavor!
Make and share this Quince Roses recipe from Food.com.
For the crust
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 sugar (brown if you like)
For the quince roses
- 6 medium quinces
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar, for topping
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the crust together and pulse until the dough comes together. If necessary add 1 or 2 tablespoon water.
- Take the dough out of the mixer and knead a couple of times, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface or better on a silicone baking mat and cut out 8 shapes for your molds (10-12 cm) or as desired.
- Peel the quinces and cut the pulp in thin slices (the easiest way is tagentially to the core).
- Put them in a heavy saucepan with the sugar and the water.
- Cook, covered at low heat until the fruit becomes slightly soft, it takes about 10 minutes.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Starting from the outside, lay the slices of the quinces overlapping the edges slightly onto the dough in the moulds and form the roses.
- Sprinkle each rose with ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake 45 Minutes at 170°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).