1/5 Photos of Quince-Ginger Marmalade (Jam)
This is the easiest, quickest spread I have ever made. I didn't have a recipe so I improvised and it worked. The quince sets beautifully so you need no pectin. The ginger gives it a lovely flavor for your wakeuo toast. This recipe can be doubled. I believe there are some quince that need longer cooking time than the ones I have. I have looked at several recipes on the Internet and they say to boil for 2 hours so you will have to boil until softened
My Private Note
Half Pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the quince, sugar and water in a saucepan.
- 2Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer until the quince has completely softened and has become part of the water sugar mixture.Apprx 20 minutes.
- 4Force the mixture through a sieve into another pot and add the ginger.
- 5Bring to a simmer until it forms a drop from a teaspoon.
- 6Add the rose water.
- 7Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quince-Ginger Marmalade (Jam)
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 116.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: