Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Living magazine. Quick, easy, good! Great to take on a picnic, camping trip, etc. West, French.
- 4 kirby cucumbers, washed, dried, quartered lenthwise
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 3⁄4 cups white wine vinegar (or white vinegr)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Place cucumbers and tarragon in a quart jar.
- Heat vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt in a saucepan, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour into the jar.
- Let cool completely, uncovered.
- Pickles are best refrigerated overnight, or up to 6 weeks before serving. Enjoy!
Good pickles! I made two jars, one to give my parents, and used white vinegar. Liked the addition of the red pepper flakes. Refrigerated for two days and than enjoyed.