Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the sauce you use for Eggs Benedict. You may also use it on asparagus or broccoli.
- Warm the jar of an electric blender with HOT water.
- Empty completely and dry.
- BE SURE butter is melted before you start,as this method requires FAST movements.
- Quick-Blend--egg yolks, lemon juice and salt.
- SLOWLY add melted butter in a steady stream.
- Turn blender off when the last drop of butter is added.
- May double, triple or more this recipe.
- Serve on Eggs Benedict, asparagus or broccoli.
I melted butter. Put egg, lemon juice, & salt into sm. saucepan on low heat. Whisked while heating til sauce started to thicken. Added butter in stream and whisked more til thick. No need for dbl. boiler, blender, beater. Yummy. Makes enough for 3 or 2 sauce lovers. I'll be making this again and again.
I have never had or made hollandaise sauce but we all enjoyed this! It was simple to make and my husband and toddler loved it! I added a couple dashes of Frank's Hot Sauce in there. It gave it a nice kick. Served on eggs benedict with fresh spinach.
Everyone loved this and no one knew I cheated with this easy recipe. This is so easy and delicious. Based on the other review, I used 1 1/2 T lemon juice and I added a couple of dashes of hot sauce-mmm! Definitely a keeper.