Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and yummy!
- 453.59 g ground turkey or 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 453.59 g can tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 354.88 ml cheese, grated
- 473.18 ml macaroni or 473.18 ml rotini pasta
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Brown and drain ground beef. Add in garlic, oregano, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles according to package while beef mixture simmers. Drain noodles and return to pot. Stir in sour cream.
- In buttered dish, layer noodles, beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Simple, fast recipe that delivers a delicious meal in no time. I made this last night and my boyfriend loved it. Like another reviewed, I also seasoned my meat with cumin while browning it in the pan. I added minced green and red peppers and onions for extra flavour and was generous with the garlic. It's an easy way to sneak in more veggies. I omitted the sour cream as I didn't have much on hand and didn't grease the pan. Turned out great and I'll be making this one again soon
Made this last night using 95% lean ground beef, light sour cream, and 2% cheese for a lower calorie and lower fat version. It was excellent. Thanks so much for the recipe. A new no guilty comfort food for our household.
This was very tasty! I put a little cumin in the ground turkey to give a little more flavor and used stewed tomatoes to keep it a little lighter.