Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found the basic recipe in a magazine and 'tweaked' it with a few other things to suit my tastes.
Top Review by GimlisGirl
This is a great quick bread recipe. Very easy to throw together and leave cooking while prepping other dishes. Keep in mind it has the density of a biscuit. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, cheese, sugar, both powders, and Italian seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, add milk, oil, and egg, mixing well. Stir into dry ingredients, until just moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- When you remove from oven, spread margarine over top with paper towel. Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove to wire rack and cool for 10 more minutes, then enjoy.