Recipe by ' =^..^= 'Ameera' =^..^= '
I learned this one from my Middle-Eastern friends who used to make it for a quick late-night snack. It is very simple and good and I make it all the time now for quick snacks!! I love eating it with pita bread for lunch/late-night, or with rice for dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained (185g)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced or minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- pepper, to taste (can even use lemon pepper)
- 1 -2 lemon wedge (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (or you fav hot sauce) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med-high heat, heat oil, add onions and fry a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic and jalapeño peppers and stir fry for a 1+1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add tuna and stir to break up the chunks and add salt and pepper to taste and let fry for a couple more minutes.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge or two (optional) over the tuna and stir.
- Enjoy it with some Tabasco (or any other hot sauce) sprinkled over it if you wish as well!