Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Disclaimer - this is NOT gourmet! This is one of my "Emergency Quickies", when dinner needs to be done, and needs to be done NOW. I've made several variations of this, with either cheddar or parmesan cheese, and whatever "Cream of..." soup I had on hand. My kids prefer their veggies on the side, so we usually have peas or carrots as a side dish, but I'm sure they'd be great just thrown in the sauce, too. Send me a review with your modifications, I could always use new ideas for this one!
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the tuna, soup and cheese.
- Heat until just bubbling, then slowly add the milk until it reaches the consistency you prefer. Use more or less to your liking. Season with salt and pepper, serve over noodles.
Awesome quicky meal! I only used one can of cream soup and added some dill and corn to it but otherwise made as written. I'll be making it a regular part of our in a hurry meals!
This was a really quick and easy meal. I threw it together today for lunch for me and my kids and we thought it was pretty good. I used the cream of chicken but will use cream of mushroom next time. I also think that I'll be taking the advice of others and adding my veggies in with the sauce. Thanks for sharing.
This was great because I had nothing left in the fridge and needed something quick to prepare - this fit the bill perfectly. Bonus: was surprised I loved the mix of tuna and soup!! ;) Didn't have any cream of chicken so used cream of tomato. Thanks Gartobek! :)