Recipe by ~Deux Petits Chefs!
A quick & super simple soup. Tom Yum is a thai hot and sour soup, as well as being spicy. I don't really like cooking Tom Yum from scratch because its a very common dish, and whenever one gets the craving for Tom Yum, they want it here and now, rather than waiting hours for it! (TIP: Feel free to add seafood or substitute the vegetables inside to whatever your preference. It's Tom Yum Soup!)
Top Review by LiuzhouLaowai
This is one of the worst recipes I?ve ever read. It makes no sense and so, is impossible to follow.<br/><br/>Step 1. Bring water to a boil then add water.<br/>Step 2. Add chicken etc and boil. How long? Five minutes? Three weeks?<br/>Step 3 Add chicken again.<br/><br/>And to the person who subsituted cilantro for coriander, they are the same thing.
- 4 tablespoons tom yum paste (Available at Asian grocers)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 4 large prawns
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 liter water
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Set water to boil in a pot, add water and mix in tom yum soup.(NOTE:Unless the tom yum paste has instructions, follow as above to prepare the tom yum soup base.).
- Put garlic, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken and prawns inside the pot. Leave to boil.
- Add chicken, stock cube, salt and pepper. Leave to boil for another 5 - 10 minutes, until the fragrant smell of the soup wafts around the kitchen or until the oil from the tom yum soup appears on the surface on the soup.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.