Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Need a quick topping for vanilla ice cream, using the microwave this goes together in a snap and is a delicious alternative to chocolate topping. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1984)
- 3 slightly under ripe bananas, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (I used low sugar)
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- In a glass microwave safe dish combine bananas, marmelade and juice and grated zest of one orange, stir to combine.
- Cover dish with wax paper.
- Cook on medium for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- In four bowls, place one scoop of ice cream in each bowl.
- Pour warm topping over ice cream and garnish with whipped cream and cherries (if desired).
Good, quick dessert. I'm used to chocolate sundaes, so this was fun and refreshing. The orange flavor with the bananas is a good match.