Recipe by ellie_
Need a quick topping for vanilla ice cream, using the microwave this goes together in a snap and is a delicious alternative to chocolate topping. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1984)
- 3 slightly under ripe bananas, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (I used low sugar)
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass microwave safe dish combine bananas, marmelade and juice and grated zest of one orange, stir to combine.
- Cover dish with wax paper.
- Cook on medium for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- In four bowls, place one scoop of ice cream in each bowl.
- Pour warm topping over ice cream and garnish with whipped cream and cherries (if desired).