Recipe by KGCOOK
USES PORK CHOPS AND BOXED POTATOES AND MAKES FOR A FLAVORFUL ONE DISH MEAL. What's great about this recipe is that you can use it in the crock pot, make ahead and refrigerate till ready to use. IT's also full of variations. Use any flaovr potatoes, cheese, onion or not and other vegetables. Use more pork chops, larger box of potatoes, and a bigger baking pan.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
This recipe was made on 5/1/09 for the " Taste of Yellow " event , and as part of mine and SO's dinner.While the chops were browning, I sprinkled a bit of seasoning salt and some black pepper on them. Instead of placing the chops on the bottom of the pan, I placed them on top of the potatoes. I think this way a bit more flavor from the chops added something special to the flavor of the potatoes. My SO thought the potatoes were a bit on the " mushy " side. But I liked them the way they were. The porks chops were done just the way we liked them. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker scalloped potatoes mix (any flavor except sour cream and onion)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow mixing and baking directions on potatoe box.
- Mix potatoes and add onion in large mixing bowl.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and brown pork chops until about 1/2 done.
- Drain chops.
- Coat a baking pan big enough for the chops and potatoes and lay chops flat on the bottom of pan.
- Pour potatoes and sauce over the top and do not cover.
- Bake according to package directions on potatoes.
- When chops are just a few minutes from being done sprinkle cheese over the top and let melt.
- Servers 4.