Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
USES PORK CHOPS AND BOXED POTATOES AND MAKES FOR A FLAVORFUL ONE DISH MEAL. What's great about this recipe is that you can use it in the crock pot, make ahead and refrigerate till ready to use. IT's also full of variations. Use any flaovr potatoes, cheese, onion or not and other vegetables. Use more pork chops, larger box of potatoes, and a bigger baking pan.
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker scalloped potatoes mix (any flavor except sour cream and onion)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Follow mixing and baking directions on potatoe box.
- Mix potatoes and add onion in large mixing bowl.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and brown pork chops until about 1/2 done.
- Drain chops.
- Coat a baking pan big enough for the chops and potatoes and lay chops flat on the bottom of pan.
- Pour potatoes and sauce over the top and do not cover.
- Bake according to package directions on potatoes.
- When chops are just a few minutes from being done sprinkle cheese over the top and let melt.
- Servers 4.
This recipe was made on 5/1/09 for the " Taste of Yellow " event , and as part of mine and SO's dinner.While the chops were browning, I sprinkled a bit of seasoning salt and some black pepper on them. Instead of placing the chops on the bottom of the pan, I placed them on top of the potatoes. I think this way a bit more flavor from the chops added something special to the flavor of the potatoes. My SO thought the potatoes were a bit on the " mushy " side. But I liked them the way they were. The porks chops were done just the way we liked them. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Pretty good for a quick meal
I have to say that I was disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions exactly and I was not happy with the result. The pork chops were tough and dry. The potatoes were tasty though. Maybe this would be better in a crockpot with the extended but slow cooking method, the chops would probably come out soft. I also had to cover the dish halfway through cooking so that the potato slices on top got soft. Did not like the chops however, sorry.