Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a como that I came up with when I went searching here on Zaar. Had to use what was on hand and was I surprised how well it turned out.
- 1 (13 ounce) jar plum preserves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red onions, minced fine (or shallot)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I use Splenda Brown)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Put garlic, ginger,and onion into a electric grinder. Add just a pinch of salt to hold it together. Pulse a few times until you have a paste.
- If you don't have a grinder, put some salt down on your working area, top with the garlic, ginger and onion, and press down with the flat blade side of a large knife. As you press down, draw the knife towards you. Do this several times until you have a paste.
- Over medium heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil while you are stirring.
- Remove from the heat, cool.
- Store in refigerator. This will keep several weeks.