Well I raided my pantry and this is what I found. It turned out great and had a tiny kick as well.
Make and share this Quickie Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb penne or 1 lb rotini pasta or 1 lb pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I used basil, because I'm allergic)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cheese, grated,any type
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta on stove and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta, sauce, and 1/2 of the grated cheese in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix onion mixture with pasta/cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven.
This is as easy as it gets! The word 'Quickie' caught my eye, and quick it was! I used penne pasta, and a mixture of cheddar, mozzarella, and casserole blend cheeses. Oh, I also sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top. Instead of cayenne, I used about a half a teaspoon of basil. This was an easy, economical meal which the whole family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing, Dancer^!