Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love a good pasta antipasto in the hot weather or for that matter, anytime! Needed to throw one together in an half hour for unexpected guests. For a quickie, it turned out pretty good.
- 10 ounces desired pasta
- 1⁄2 lb beef salami, cubed or sliced (Italian or Kosher-style)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 lb mild cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, chopped
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- romaine lettuce leaf
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Careful not to overcook.
- Drain and rinse well with cold water. Continue rinsing until pasta is no longer warm to touch. Drain again.
- In large bowl, combine cooled pasted with the salami, cheese,olives, green onion, and tomatoes.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange lettuce on plates with pasta salad piled on top.
- Additional dressing can be served along with salad.